Monday 26 March 2012

Planning for an Asian Adventure

I have been fortunate enough to secure funding and support from my Institution, University of Birmingham through the Universitas 21 Fellowship Scheme and my professional association, SCHOMS, to undertake visits to a number of universities who are members of the Universitas 21 Network in Asia.  I will be looking at the support and managment of Learning Spaces and the development of new, modern Libraries at these and a number of other institutions.

Leaving on Friday 6th April I will be visiting Seoul, Hong Kong and Singapore.  The final destination before coming home will be to Vietnam to have some holiday and catch up with an old friend in Ho Chi Minh City, but I am also hoping that it may be possible to arrange a visit to a university whilst I am there.

The purpose of this blog will be to record my trip as it happens and share some of the (hopefully) exciting things that are happening with spaces and technology in Asia.

I am particularly interested in Korean Universities reaction to this news:- http://www.english-online.at/news-articles/technology/south-korea-switches-to-digital-classroom.htm and how this will affect classroom and library provision both now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment